- Roughly half of buyers find their real estate agent through a referral from a friend, neighbor, or relative.
- First-time buyers are more likely to find their real estate agent from a referral.
- Repeat buyers more often use an agent they previously used to buy or sell a home.
- One in ten buyers found their real estate agent through a website.
- There is little difference across type of households; however, unmarried couples tended to rely on referrals slightly more than other types of households.
- For more detailed information and a downloadable PowerPoint presentation on the 2010 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers, go here:http://realtors.org/research/research/home_buyers_sellers_maps